Theft Crime Attorneys in Treasure Coast
Call (772) 232-7104 for Defense from a Former Prosecutor
When your rights and future are under threat, you need to find a dedicated, seasoned defender. At Jeff T. Gorman Law Offices, you can join forces with a defense team that includes former prosecutors and public defenders. Together, our Treasure Coast theft crime lawyers are equipped to topple the prosecution’s case.
What are other reasons to choose Jeff T. Gorman Law Offices?
- We bring years of combined experience to the table.
- Our tech savvy firm works with top experts in forensics.
- We prioritize a strong attorney-client relationship, always keeping you up to date.
- Our team is available 24/7 to provide legal support.
Whether you face charges of petty theft, grand theft auto, burglary, embezzlement, or robbery, you can find the proven defense you need with our experienced defense team. Don’t hesitate to learn how our Stuart theft crime attorneys can fight to defend your liberties!
We are prepared to battle for your every legal right. Schedule your free consultation today!
What are the Penalties in Florida for a Theft Crime?
Penalties will depend on the value of the stolen goods involved, and sometimes, the type of items involved. For instance, stealing emergency medical or law enforcement equipment of $300 or more could be punished as second degree grand theft. Generally speaking, however, theft penalties range as follows:
- Petit theft of the second degree (less than $100): Up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.
- Petit theft of the first degree (less than $300): Up to year in jail and a $1,000 fine
- Grand theft of the third degree (less than $20,000): Up to 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine
- Grand theft of the second degree (less than $100,000): Up to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine
- Grand theft of the first degree ($100,000 or more): Up to 30 years in prison and a $10,000 fine
Additionally, every single theft conviction in Florida can mean driver’s license suspension. Restitution could also be ordered. And as with any criminal conviction, a theft crime could also be branded on your permanent, public record. When your future is up in the air, you need powerhouse defense on your side. You can count on our Stuart criminal defense lawyers to deliver the aggressive, skilled advocacy you deserve.
We’re Available 24/7: Schedule Your Free Consultation Now!
With the help of a talented Stuart theft crime attorney, you may be able to achieve a plea bargain, reducing your charge, or you may be able to avoid a conviction altogether through options such as a pretrial diversion program. Even if you do face trial, you can count on our legal advocates. Our defense attorneys know firsthand how to present and win your case before a jury trial, whether taking on a case from Okeechobee or Palm Beach.
Call (772) 232-7104 to reach our Stuart theft crime lawyers today! We are ready to discuss your individualized defense strategies with you.