Advocacy for Collaborative Divorce
Our Stuart Divorce Attorneys are Available 24/7
For spouses who would prefer to use discussion rather than litigation during their divorce process, choosing to use a collaborative divorce process night be their preferred option. Through collaborative divorce, couples can work out their differences through communication and with the possibility of bypassing the stress of court. If you are interested in resolving conflicts with your spouse as peacefully as possible, our Stuart divorce lawyers at Jeff T. Gorman Law Offices can provide you the legal counsel you need through the entire divorce process.
Discuss the details of your divorce in a complimentary case review!
How Does Collaborative Divorce Work?
The proceedings of a collaborative divorce do not follow those of a standard litigation and should be understood before being committed to. Collaborative divorce does not work for every divorce case. Understanding the process can help you better determine whether it is the right process for you.
Things to consider when thinking about having a collaborative divorce:
- Since these proceedings do not follow standard litigation, you need a divorce lawyer that has been trained in the collaborative process. Not just any divorce attorney will be beneficial to you.
- Most of the process occurs through meetings. Each spouse meets individually with their attorney and then they all meet together to discuss aspects of the divorce.
- When discussing matters, such as child custody or financial issues, a third party expert may be brought into the meeting to assist in the discussion.
- Once the couple reaches an agreement on the grounds of their divorce, a family court judge will sign and the attorneys involved will complete the divorce as normal.
- The entire process of a collaborative divorce revolves around the idea of peaceful and collaborative decision making. If the couple cannot find an amicable agreement, the case will have to move to court.
At Jeff T. Gorman Law Offices, our Stuart divorce lawyers can help you reach a peaceful compromise with a spouse, in order to achieve the best possible outcome to begin the new chapter of your life.
Our Legal Team Is Ready To Represent You
Our team of Stuart divorce attorneys at Jeff T. Gorman Law Offices have helped hundreds of clients through their cases. Divorce can be a stressful or emotional time in a person’s life, which makes it essential to find a divorce lawyer whom you can trust. We believe in providing skilled and knowledgeable legal advocacy to every case. We will respond promptly to any questions or concerns you may have.
If you are in need of an experienced divorce lawyer, contact us today at (772) 232-7104 to get started!